Frontier Hospice has provided a list of organizations and research sources to help you to better understand the hospice benefit
Regulatory and Hospice & Palliative Care Organization Links:
- The National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) is the largest membership organization representing hospice and palliative care programs and professionals in the United States. The organization is committed to improving end-of-life care and expanding access to hospice care with the goal of profoundly enhancing quality of life for people dying in America and their loved ones.
- Oklahoma Hospice & Palliative Care Association OHPCA provides extensive information about hospice care as well as extensive resources regarding planning, managing illnesses and being a caregiver.
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services is the US federal agency that administers Medicare, Medicaid, and the State Children's Health Insurance Program. This link takes you directly to the Hospice Center page of the CMS Web site.
- Growth House, Inc. provides this portal as an international gateway to resources for life-threatening illness and end of life care.
- The Center to Advance Palliative Care (CAPC) provides health care professionals with the tools, training and technical assistance necessary to start and sustain successful palliative care programs in hospitals and other health care settings.
- The Dartmouth Atlas Project works to accurately describe how medical resources are distributed and used in the United States. The project offers information and analysis regarding national, regional, and local markets, as well as individual hospitals and their affiliated physicians, in order to provide a basis for improving health and health systems.
- The National Center for Health Statistics is a U.S. agency that compiles statistical information to guide actions and policies to improve the health of the United States.
- The Symptom Research interactive clinical research textbook contains over 20 chapters on different aspects of clinical pain and symptom research.
- PubMed is a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine that includes over 17 million citations from MEDLINE and other life science journals for biomedical articles dating back to the 1950's. It includes links to full text articles and other related resources.
- Shaare Zedek Reference Database is a searchable database of over 30,000 references related to Cancer Pain and Palliative Care.
- The National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization website is a searchable database with journal articles, web sites, books, conference papers and sessions, organizations, program assessment and improvement tools.
Contact us at referral@FrontierHospice.com